Pages

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Let's Get it Started in Here

They always say beginning a new hobby is the hardest part. So here we are, new location, new blog! As this is my first time blogging I apologize for the horrendous formatting, poor picture quality, and random thought generations, as I work my around this new blogging thing. Any comments to make me a better blogger are definitely encouraged and welcome.

Where to begin?
My wife Audrey and I just moved to downtown Palm Springs, California. If you've never been here, we basically live right at the foot of one of the most prominent peaks in Southern California, Mount San Jacinto. If you've heard of it, great! If not BOOM WIKI.  I guess that's where this blog really begins.

The views are absolutely fantastic as the mountain looms overhead.  Having grown up in the Desert (what we locals call the Coachella Valley), I've heard rumors of this infamous trail called Cactus to Clouds.  How cool would that be...hike from Palm Springs to the top of Mount San Jacinto in one day.  Always sounded like a grandeur urban legend that friends tell each other to make jaws drop.

Then I found this website: http://www.mtsanjacinto.info/skyline/mainmenu.html

What?! This trail exists??  I must do it...I must be prepared.  And thus was born NickersonHikes!  Our personal accounting of knowing everything that needs to be known to hike this huge hike!  But why stop there, we are going to take this too the limit!  San Gorgonio, Mt Whitney, Yosemite, Grand Canyon, we want to do it all!

This blog will be aimed at awesome pictures of the hikes we hike, the trails we trail, the mountains we mount, and ALL the information we learn along the way!  Come with us and enjoy!

First things first.  We have a tab at the top called hikes, follow that page as it lengthens and lengthens with all the hikes we do.  We have another tab at the top called Workouts, we'll see how long this one lasts, but we included our workout regimen.  We are starting with T-25, a spin off of Shaun T's Insanity workout.  It's quick, it's crazy and for now, it's kicking my butt!

That's about all the data dumping I can do for now.  We're going to try and find a hiking club around the valley that we can go a meet up with people who have done the Cactus to Cloud hike before and see what insights they have!

Till then, Keep Calm and Hike On.

Josh Nickerson

No comments:

Post a Comment